The size of the Light Panel is coded into our software. Therefore, it cannot be altered.
We are not allowing the size of the Light Panel to be changed, for a few reasons.
- We prefer to stay with one version of the software for scaling images. Managing multiple versions of software creates a high risk of parts being scaled incorrectly i.e., the wrong version of software used on an image.
- If you make the light panel larger the Camera would need to by further away from the light panel to avoid shadowing.
- In many cases, a 2D photo is not the best method for large and thick parts that extend across the entire light panel.
Solutions for large and /or thick parts:
- A Long part that is not too thick, such as a large wrench, can be imaged on the standard panel by taking two photos. Each photo should have a flag, solid color tape works well.
- Convert CAD data with our Slicer Software.
- Create a simple shape with the Tool Commander to hold the part
OSAAP is working on a Beta of a 3D scanning system that will work with our standard light panel as well as larger light panels. The system will generate a .stl file that can be saved with your project. Look for updates on the development project on our website throughout Q1 of 2020.