If you have a tool on your shadow board design that you want to duplicate to use on another board design, there is no need to go through the scanning process again. Instead, use one of our methods for transferring tools.
Method #1: Copy/Paste
1. Open both projects in separate BlueShadow windows.
2. Click the desired tool to make it active.
3. Press the C key on your keyboard to copy the tool.
4. To make your other BlueShadow window active, click anywhere on the grid in that window.
5. Press the V key on your keyboard to paste the tool. This tool can be edited as you would with any other scanned tool.
This method can be used to copy and paste more than one tool at a time. Simply make all of the tools active during step 2.
Method #2: Export as .TOOL
1. Click the desired tool to make it active.
2. Open Tab 6: Check and Save.
3. Click Export Selected to .TOOL, then select your file name and destination.
4. This .TOOL file can now be easily dragged and dropped into the BlueShadow project of your choosing.
This method can be used to create your own database of tools.